The full moon is out tonight. No more hiding or hoarding things you don’t need. It’s all exposed under the light of the full moon. This is a time to think about transformation until the next full moon. 28 days to work through the things that are holding you up or holding you back.
Also the time to recharge your crystals, your tarot cards, and anything else you want or need including yourself. Anything to help with the heavy energy that is present. Don’t know if you feel it to, but my anxiety has been flaring up for the past week for no reason. I’ve been very chill up until this week.
Not sure about you, but I could use a reboot both emotionally and mentally. Even just a short break from your thoughts can help. Helps me when the overwhelm or anxiety begins to strike. These can help make a margin of space between you and your emotions. And while it may be a small margin, sometimes that’s all you need to find your footing again or shed light on the path.
Few easy ways to make time for yourself:
- Mindfully enjoy your beverage of choice. Feel how it moves around your mouth. What if feels like on your teeth, tongue, cheeks, and throat. Sounds silly, but when you take a sip think about that liquid instead of your day or whatever. It’s like a timeout, the clock may still be running, but you have a second to stop thinking about real and “important” things.
- Force yourself to look out the window for at least 2 minutes. Think about what you see and try to make up a story around it. Are the birds you see gossiping about what the squirrel did or the latest episode of X they watched through a window? Again, it’s dumb and silly, but it gives you a pause when the thoughts come too fast.
- Smell something that gives you comfort. I love lavender and clean laundry. Any chance I can work these smells into my day I am happier for it. As tedious as laundry gets, I try to enjoy the smell and feel of warm, clean laundry.
- Pull a tarot card. Just one and think about the picture. You can do a few things here with this one. 1. Tell yourself a story about the figure in the card. The story can be in the lines of what they mean or you can go crazy. Have the couple in the Devil card trying to sell you a used car. Or maybe a story of how the man in the ten of wands got into that situation. Get as deep or as funny as you need. Feel free to do a spread of your choice if you have the time and energy.
- Burn some incense or candle or spray some air freshener. Clear your head with a new smell. It’s amazing how much a little sandalwood smoke can completely turn my day around.
- Take a few deep belly breaths. Feel the air move through you even if it’s just plain room air. Try the alternating nasal breathing exercises where you block one nostril at a time per breath. Try breathing through your mouth or nose if you don’t normally breathe that way. Fill your belly with air and rock a drum solo. Take breaths sitting then standing and try to notice the difference.
Sure, this list is small and maybe a little silly. Don’t brush off silliness. Adulthood is boring and over-stressful. I envy my kids – they can amuse themselves for hours with the simplest things like a piece of string, and all I can see is how useless the string is or try to list ways I can use it to make life better (but still serious).
Since the moon is full, maybe it’s time to delve into that which is causing you angst. Maybe you’re not ready yet. But when you feel overwhelmed, remember to take a few seconds to be mindful or silly. Try to let the overwhelm go and shift your focus onto things more deserving of your time: you, your family and friends, your pets.
Happy Full Moon.